Join us to hear the remarkable story of Richard Matthews, an adventurous father of four who travels full-time in an RV, while still managing his company, PushButtonPodcasts, and hosting his podcast called The HERO Show, where he’s recorded more than 225 episodes from the road. Listen to this inspiring journey on The Elements on Community podcast today!
We covered a ton of interesting topics like how true connection with others is built through intention, not simply sharing an address, and how this relates to building community while traveling full-time. We explored how fostering intimacy within a community allows us to connect in more meaningful ways and how removing our masks can increase the effectiveness of a community’s common purpose. We also talked about how Richard’s mastermind proves this concept by vulnerably talking about micro-failures each week and leveraging those into opportunities for growth instead, a practice made possible by intentionally creating intimacy in their community.
Don’t miss out on one of the most fascinating parts of our conversation where Richard shared his experience as part of a murder trial jury recently, and got to see firsthand how the “Heart” of community was reflected in each part of the process – from jury selection, to judge, to attorneys, to court clerks, and even the deliberation room. This conversation was an inspiring insight into the impact that real communities can have in the real world.
If you’re looking for an inspiring story on how to live life more intentionally and how to develop deeper community in your life, then you need to listen to this episode of Elements of Community.
Here are some of the other things we covered during our conversation:
- We talked about how Richard’s advice for anyone who wants to live life more intentionally is to take the risks you’ve been vacillating on – because taking action is what makes us ready.
- We talked about the importance of our language frameworks in accomplishing any sort of goal because it allows us to communicate better.
- We talked about how Community leaders must care about the people in their community and know their motivations for being a part of the community.
- We talked about how “The Common Purpose” of a community is important for its effectiveness and how intimacy has an impact on both.
- And so much more, you don’t want to miss this one.
If you want to know more about Richard Matthews, you may reach out to him at:
- Personal Website: https://RichardMatthews.me
- Business Website: https://PushButtonPodcasts.com
- The HERO Show Podcast: https://TheHEROShow.tv